Sunday, September 20, 2009

The preceeding months

For most of this year, I have been trying to read as much material as possible on the important factors in finishing a basement. In my case, the major two points are: Moisture and Sound proofing.

Although I've taken in knowledge from a variety of sources so far, I would say the best two are:

Home Recording Studio Build it Like the Pros by Gervais - The most detailed, practical and well-explained resource for building your own home recording studio. Almost all the principles apply to a home theater also.

http://www.buildingscience.com/index_html -A great site for moisture proofing and insulation. The most impressive thing about this site is that it describes the latest techniques in insulating your home - many of which contradict earlier techniques.

I will be referencing these throughout the build process.

No comments:

Post a Comment